Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Capitol Visit Response

On March 24th, our Government classes visited the Capitol. We got a tour of the capitol building including the rotunda and the original meeting place of the House of Representatives. I particularly enjoyed the architecture and the sculptures.

For lunch and more learning, we visited the Newseum. I watched videos about Elvis, 9/11, how Hollywood portrays the media, a lighter side of the news with Steven Colbert, and how technology and gadgets allow the news to be received more easily and allow the public to become more involved in the news. I also liked reading the cartoons from the exhibit on the art of political commentary that decorated on of the balconies. I didn't get a chance to peruse the bottom few floors, but I hope to go back with my family some day.

No comments:

Post a Comment